Tissue Culture is the technology for rapid propagation of plants using tissue of selected mother plants with desirable traits wherein large no of true to type plants can be produced under controlled conditions in Laboratory.
- SARDAR is pioneer in Tissue Culture production for Banana in Gujarat, established in 1994-95 with initial capacity of one lakh plants.
- An Accredited Tissue Culture Production Laboratory, by Department of Biotechnology, Govt of India under NCS-TCP.
- Current production capacity is 40 lakh plants.
- Large scale produces- Banana (Robusta & Grand Naine) and Sugarcane (Co 86032), Parval (Anawal).
- Other available plants are- Lemon, Guava, Anjir, Pome granate, Bamboo.
Advantages of Tissue Culture
- Disease & pest free planting material
- Varietal authenticity.
- Higher yield
- Less field mortality.
- Uniform & true to type plants
- Round the year availability.
- On field guidance as and when required.